Title: Spa Receptionist
Responsible to: Spa Manager
To be the welcoming face to our guests whether they are making enquiries, scheduling treatments or visiting our luxurious Spa facilities. You’ll also get involved in a variety of other duties such as product promotions, sales and visitor tours, carrying out security checks and reporting any maintenance issues.
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks
- Provide a hospitable service to the standards laid down by the hotel and Spa.
- Whenever possible to anticipate guests’ needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- To be fully conversant and able to operate the Spa’s Premier Core system.
- To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To carry out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined in the S.O.P. Manual.
- To ensure the security of guests property, and lost property following security procedures.
- To be fully conversant with special promotions offered by the Spa and to pass this information on to the guests whenever the possibility arises.
- To make sure that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
- To ensure that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
- Report any maintenance issues to the maintenance team.
- To arrive for work at the correct time and to ensure your appearance follows the hotels set standards.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which is consistent with the role and level of responsibility.
Skills and abilities
- The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range of individuals
- The ability to work under pressure
- To build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- To be adaptable
- To be self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as needed.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to spot errors and question information received.
- The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range of individuals.
- Basic numeric skills – being able to do basic calculations
- Educated to GCSE standard Maths & English or equivalent
- previous experience of working within a customer facing role
- Experience of working with confidential information
- Willingness to learn how to use and maintain unfamiliar equipment or computer programmes etc
- Must be flexible to work shifts over a 7 day period.
- Experience of working within a busy Hotel reception environment