Location: St Brides Spa Hotel
Closing date: Open until we find the right candidate
Main purpose of the role
Prepares meals by providing food preparation expertise; promoting and providing quality food services; managing kitchen staff.
- Accomplishes kitchen human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling , and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets kitchen operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- In liaison with the Executive Chef, meets kitchen financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Implements recipes and portion specifications by reviewing menus and product specifications with Executive Chef; evaluating ease of menu production; implementing established procedures and techniques.
- Controls food preparation by consulting with kitchen team leaders; overseeing portion size; evaluating and improving productivity; providing food preparation personal expertise; monitoring presentations.
- Improves menu quality and consistency by analysing food production records and menu expenses; standardising production recipes; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Prepares kitchen operations and production reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising food ingredient, food production, and customer data and trends.
- Maintains safe, secure, and clean work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
- Maintains food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; conducting daily, weekly, and monthly inventories; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
- Maintains culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations of equipment purchases.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes kitchen operations goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proven decision making skills
- Experience of process improvement
- Previous experience of planning menus and workload
- Good communication skills,
- Proven experience of developing Creative Standards
- Must be customer focused
- The ability to emphasise excellence and vision
- Must demonstrate a passion for food
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team of staff
- Previous experience of working at Sous chef level or as a Chef de Partie.