POSITION: Night Porter
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food & Beverage Manager
To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to St Brides Spa Hotel, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned. Complete administrative tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security of the hotel and its guests overnight and to set up the breakfast service to agreed standard and to guests’ specification.
- Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable. That guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return to St Brides Spa Hotel.
- To operate a proper handover system between shifts in order to maximise guest satisfaction.
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known and cared for accordingly.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if appropriate.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate.
- Assist guests with any requests eg information, making bookings, directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift, that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
- Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries. Be aware of all current offers.
- Ensure you have a good understanding of all Hotel regulations.
- Tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and report irregularities to relevant department heads, and Duty Manager.
- Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure.
- Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
- Complete all incident reports and distribute to relevant departments.
- Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action.
- Ensure that guest areas and offices are clean and tidy at all times.
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures.
- Ensure that wake up calls are made promptly.
- Order and deliver newspapers.
- Provide service in the Bar after the late shift team members have finished their shift.
- Be fully conversant with and adhere to hotel standards of operation and department procedures.
- Be fully aware of all daily and weekly events in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the accounts department over any special billing requests and procedures.
- Be fully aware and adhere to all accounting policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with current licensing regulations.
- Perform all pre & post night audit duties.
- Clean and maintain the work area, materials, and equivalent
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately.
- Attend all fire, health and safety training
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Strong management ability and decision making skills
- Proven organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel/leisure/service sector
- Previous experience of working evenings/nights
- Hands on approach
- A clear communicator with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude’
- Professional and friendly manner
- Immaculate in appearance